- Pinterest is currently the 3rd-largest social network in the U.S. and boasts 367 million monthly active users worldwide.
- 72% of Pinterest users are women, with another 9% electing not to specify their gender.
- 97% of searches on Pinterest are unbranded. In other words: if you know Pinterest SEO (or want to), it might be a great platform for people to discover your brand.
- 83% of weekly users have made a purchase based on Brand Content.
- Users are especially likely to search Pinterest using keywords that indicate life changes—things like ‘wedding season’ (1 billion searches per year), ‘new home’ (3 million), and ‘new baby’ (646 million).
Source: Search Engine Journal