Last Revised: September, 2019
Types of Information Collected
Modern Publisher may ask you for some or all of the following types of information which may be identifiable to you when you register for our Site or other Services, access various content or features, or directly contact the site: (i) contact information, such as your email address and name; (ii) your age; and (iii) information for the purpose of authenticating yourself or your account if we have reason to believe, in our sole discretion, that you may be violating site policies or for any other reason we deem necessary (collectively “Personal Information”). We do not collect any Personal Information from you when you use the Site or Services unless you provide it voluntarily. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all Personal Information you submit to Modern Publisher.
We also collect and store the Personal Information you voluntarily submit to us through registering with us or uploading or posting User Content through the Site or Services. If you are signed into your Tumblr, Twitter or Facebook account and you “like” or “comment” on Modern Publisher Content (such as the articles found on our blog) or other User Content, your Tumblr, Twitter or Facebook username will be displayed and so available to the public. You agree that your username, likes, feedback, and any associated comments may become public information; we therefore urge you to exercise caution when deciding to disclose any Personal Information on the Site or through the Services.
In addition, if you choose to purchase Services or subscribe to the Site that requires a Fee, you will be required to provide us with your billing information, including, without limitation, bank account numbers, credit card or debit card numbers, account details, ACH information, and similar data (collectively, “Billing Information”).
Modern Publisher may collect additional information that you provide to Modern Publisher voluntarily through the Site, such as household income range, personal interests, and any of your product or service preferences (“Other Information”).
Information Collected Automatically. We automatically receive and collect information such as your IP address, the URLs of websites you arrive at the Site from or leave the Site to go to, your type of browser and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us, your operating system, your mobile provider, your mobile device, and your ISP. We may use such information to better understand how visitors use the Site, to analyze trends, administer the website, prevent fraud, and gather broad demographic information.
Our Use of Your Information
Our primary purpose in collecting information, both Personal Information and any other information, is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your information to: provide the Services and customer support you request; troubleshoot problems and prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities; customize, measure and improve our Site and our Services, content and advertising; tell you about and administer our Site or Services, targeted marketing, service updates, contests, sweepstakes, rewards, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; monitor and enforce our Terms of Service; communicate with Users about third-party products and/or services you may be interested in; verify your eligibility to use the Site.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
Modern Publisher is committed to maintaining your trust and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share information collected about you. We may disclose Personal Information, Billing Information and Non-Personal Information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also use and/or share your Personal Information, Billing Information and Non-Personal Information with, and you authorize us to use and/or share this information with:
– Service providers under contract who help with our business operations. We employ these companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products and services to you.
– Certain of Modern Publisher’s program participants under confidentiality agreement, as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity.
– Our affiliates and promotional partners, so they can offer you special products, services, discounts, tickets, and other items or services. Likewise, we may receive information from such affiliates and promotional partners to offer our Users special items or services.
– We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising.
– We may sell or rent your information to third parties for marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
– In an ongoing effort to better understand our Users, we may analyze certain Non-Personal Information in anonymized and aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Site and the Services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share and/or license this aggregate data to our affiliates, agents, business and promotional partners and other third parties. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe the Services and these products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
– We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
– As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customization programs, simply indicate your preference or by following the directions provided with the communication or advertisement.
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Nevertheless, no transmission over the Internet and no data storage method can be guaranteed to be safe 100% of the time. Modern Publisher cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that your end user data stored on the Site or the Services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our industry standard physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. In particular, e-mail sent to us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
The Site is hosted on servers in the United States. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By providing us with any information, you consent to its transfer and storage in the United States.
We may use your email to deliver the Site’s daily newsletter, as well as for other promotional (e.g., new product offerings, special offers by us or other third parties) purposes. Email messages we send you may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the emails we send you, such usage includes whether the email was opened and what links (if any) were clicked. If you send an email to us, or fill out our “Feedback” form, we will collect your email address and the full content of your email, including attached files, and other information you provide.
You may indicate your preference to opt out of receiving promotional communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the promotional email you receive or by contacting us directly at [email protected]theclikk.com. You acknowledge that it may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. Please note, however, that you cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to your account with us.
Except as otherwise expressly included in this Policy, this document addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. If you disclose your information to others Users on our Site or on other sites throughout the internet, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you disclose to them. We do not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable. We are not responsible for any information we do not collect. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your Personal Information or Other Information to others
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits residents of the State of California to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us at [email protected] or write us at: Modern Publisher, LLC, Attn: Legal – California Privacy Compliance, 538 S. Main St, Columbia, IL 62236.
In addition, Modern Publisher does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
Changes to this Policy
How to Contact Us
If you wish to request a copy of or make updates to your personal information collected by Modern Publisher, please contact us at [email protected]