LinkedIn isn’t ubiquitous like Facebook. Or flashy like Insta. Or hot like TikTok.
But for a surprising number of B2B marketers, LinkedIn is the most powerful marketing channel that no one (else) is talking about. According to Microsoft, LinkedIn’s revenue grew by 24% in Q2 2020.
🍊 Let’s have a look at LinkedIn by the numbers so you can decide for yourself if LinkedIn’s juice is worth the squeeze:
- LinkedIn has 700 million active users.
- 197M+ of those users are in North America and 211M+ are in Europe.
- More than 30 million companies are on LinkedIn and, while the LinkedIn page used to be for recruiting, it has increasingly become a marketing hub.
- 90 million LinkedIn users are senior-level influencers and 63 million are in decision-making positions.
- 94% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn for content marketing.
- 89% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn for lead generation.
You gotta admit… these stats make a compelling case for investing in LinkedIn as a marketing channel, or at least giving it a serious second look.